Monday, September 28, 2009

Updates from Batu Ferringhi

It seems that there is good news for the Chinese Community of Batu Ferringhi. The ramshackle Chinese primery school building may be upgraded soon (my wife alma mater), according to our CM Mr Lim Guan Eng, during a speech at Batu Ferringhi a few days ago. Funds are being allocated, with the assistant of the State Assemblyman of Tg Bunga Mr Teh. Let hope its soon as the building in in a pretty bad condition.

Arriving back at my in Laws place this week end after hari raya puasa 2009, I had my ears full of community news, from the RM100 per month “Salary” for old folks, the water rebate, the school upgrade, and others which have receive the approval of this once very strong BN supporting Village, in the once CM constituency (from the ancient time of Dato? Dr Lim, to Tan Sri Dr Koh T.K.)

To put it mildly I am very startle by this development. Winds of Change indeed, Overall I think that it a sign of the current times in Penang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnag Ads

Nuffnag Ads