Sunday, August 19, 2012

Acer Iconia Tablet A510, First Impression

Acer Iconia Tablet A510, First Impression

I have been eyeing a budget tablet for a long time, for a 2nd computer at home for my wife (email, facebook, dictionary, movies) and My Kids (games, dictionary, movies). I more a less settle for a Acer Iocnia Table 200, due to its special raya promotion price of RM1099 at a few of those discount electrical shop, as it has a normal usb port, can plug in thumb drive & Hard disk, mouse, keyboard directly and did not have a fancy camera.
When the local computer shop offer a A200 for RM999, and have a o% offer on the credit card for a 12 months installment, I thought that it time to get one, especially it’s the school holidays as well. Well the A200 they have on offer was a old model, the Google Play Icon was actually a Google Market lcon, and it was running a Android 3. (they try to upgrade it to Android 4, but it did not work) 

They then show me the Acer Iconia Table A510, which is basically a New Model, thinner, have what the A200 offer, but with higher Memory (32GB), it’s a Quad Core 1.3 mb, have a micro/mini USB that does what the A200 does though it need an adepter for normal size usb, a 5MP Back Camera & 1MP Front Camera, and running Android 4 for just a extra RM400, and I though why not.

So What was my First Impression with this Tablet?

Pros (+)
  • A long life Battery
  • Connects to Hard Disk, Usb thumb Drive, mouse, keyboard
  • Smooth in touch operation
  • Quad Core 1.3
  • Quite Thin
  • Back Camera 5MP with a Front Camera 1 MP
Con (-)
  • No LCD Light
  • Micro USB
My first impression is a good table, it’s more then what I want and need, other then what I listed above and my personal dislike, the battery is non customer removable (which other then one or two) which is like all tablets out there.

Operation is smooth, (quad core you know), set up was easy, if you know Android 2 (plus) as Android 4 is just almost thee same in term of operation. 

What really stand out is The Battery Life span is remarkable after 12 hours of constant use the battery still have 40% charge left, In day 1, I spent close to 12 hours, with Wifi on, downloading apps, in Day 2 My Kid way playing with the table again for 12 hours, with wifi on, playing games. Of course this tablets does not have 3G, and its screen was set at auto brightness, and both days the tablet was in a room and not outdoors in the bright sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnag Ads

Nuffnag Ads