Sunday, January 24, 2010

My latest Gadget - A Digital Photo Frame

My latest Gadget - A Digital Photo Frame

@snapshots

I finally got around to purchase a Digital Photo Frame, to compliment my Hand Phone Camera and my Super Zoom Camera.

My wife has been asking me to print out photos, and frankly I have been reluctant, printing out photos and keeping them in albums do not make sense to me, I want my photo to be seen, printing the photo out and framing it is costly and putting in nails in to the wall to hang this frames is out of the question (rented house), showing it on a computer, a computer may not be available and operating one may be impossible for certain ppl, MP4 players screens are just too small, so that means a Digital Photo frame are usually 7in (upwards)which is around 4R size the current photo standard size

So I have been shopping around for a Digital Photo Frame for well over a year, I have look on line at Lelong, Mudah, and at computer shops and even Hypermarkets, doing comparison and trying to find blog reviews of the DPFto help out which to buy – nada, none available.

One of Mudah On line sellers have a special offer for this Chinese New Year. (at around one of the lowerst price, and the shop is also not too far away for me to drop by and buy it with cash) for a Digital Photo Frame at RM190 with a Free 8G USB Drive included. To me it looks like a good deal at this time.

No Brand DPF (china made) Comes in a Neat Box, 8GB thumb drive (kington)


This Digital Photo Frame is a China Made Product, With No Brand name even, and have the following Functions (Just do not have the available funds to buy a Branded Photo Frame, or a larger frame – have better things to do with that type of money)

- Play, Photo, Movie & MP3 music

- Calendar

- Clock

- Alarm Clock

- Timer On and Off

(note : Can Play Photo and Music at the Same time)

And this DPF have the Following Specifications

- 7 in screen (480 by 234 pixels) decent enough for me

- Support Jpeg, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, VOB, WMA, AVI,DVIX

- Hot Plug and Play, SD, MMC,SD Memory Card - Up to ? GB Unknown

- Hot Plug and Play, USB drive Hopefully External Hard disk can work

- Internal Memory – can load photo screen saver

Come with the following accessories

- Remote

- AV cable

- Power adaptor (DC 12V 1.5A)

Note : Have AV out & Head Phone out


After Unboxing you can see all the accessories


Some General Comments :

Resolution - 480 by 234 pixels look decent enough for me

Memory Card Support to what size is unknown / not listed

USB Drive works – so external hard disk should work also.

Have some Internal Memory – as can upload your own photo as screen saver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnag Ads

Nuffnag Ads