Monday, February 9, 2009

Penang Youth Park / Penang Municipal Park

@snapshots

GPS coordinates N 05.25.42 E 100.17.37

The Penang Youth Park is Ideal for the Family with Young Children especially those who want to rollerskate, swim or play at the play ground.


This Park is not one of my regular places to go to, however after much nagging by my wife, I drop by with my family as well as my sister in law family. The Penang Youth Park consists of a large field, a very shady skating ring put by rotary club, a very shady children play ground and the only free public pools in penang also very shady.

Adult Pool

Children Pool

There is an Adult Pool and there is a children Pool. And from what I understand its Jam Pack on weekends, and by definition its one of the more popular activities here.

I tried to Google up some historical information on this place but no luck, only what bloggers have put up, no official sites could be found. At any rate this is one of the green lungs of George Town and it is not too far away from the Botanical Gardens.


As this is more of a family trip, the timing for nice photography of the park was out, most of the park photos did not turn up to well especially with the shady trees all around, but at any rate, I was too busy snapping photos of 5 children running all around to pay much attention to the park at all. I will have to drop by in the evening instead of 11am in the Morning. Happily the children Photo turn up well. As for the rest the high contrast between shady areas and sunny areas was just too much.


On this day I was here there was a Paintball competition going on, hidden in a corner of the park.



There are two ways to get here, either through a small road off Persiaran Kuari, or drive along Jalan Kebun Bunga and go in through the car park next to the Hindu temple. Own transport is recommended as it is a distance from the Main road.


Location Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnag Ads

Nuffnag Ads